Congrats are in order to former NFL star Michael Strahan who will most likely join Kelly Rippa on “Live with Kelly.” If he looks familiar it because he already host “Fox NFL Sunday.” In his football career Strahan was a defensive end for the New York Giants. He helped the Giants win the Super Bowl back in 2008. He was up against other celebrities Josh Groban and Nick Lachey.
Interesting facts about Strahan:
1. He’s engaged to Nicole Murphy, Eddie Murphy’s ex wife. He was previously married twice and has four kids.
2. He briefly started on the short lived show “Brothers” on Fox.
3. He is famous for the gap in his teeth.
4. He supports gay marriage.
5. He’s an army brat who was raised on a military base in Germany.
So this is an interesting pick for the show. I guess they want more male viewers. And don’t worry even if Strahan gets the job he’s not quitting “Fox NFL Sunday.”
We can’t have it all brains and beauty. I think this video proves it. Well at least Ryan Lochte is still hot. Maybe he is smarter in person. . .
It is really tough being an Olympic athlete of sports that people only care about every four years. Whenever I see an athlete crying because they came in second or didn’t qualify, I think they just lost a lot of money. I mean don’t get me wrong I am sure part of their tears comes from pride but I think for the most part it is the pressure to earn big bucks. These athletes only get one chance every four years to earn your attention. And losing by fractions of a second can cost them millions.
Take for example the world’s fastest man, Usain Bolt. He has secured his place in history along side Carl Lewis as an Olympian who has consecutively won the 100-meter race. Not only that but he has likely increased his annual earning to around $20 million. Bolt and his signature “lightning bolt” pose will be racking in the dough from sponsors like Puma and Visa. The Olympics are the kind of international exposure that smaller sports companies like Puma dream of. And with NBC(despite its lack of “live” coverage) pulling in top numbers from US audiences, Bolt can be assured to get the exposure he needs.
So basically Olympics competitions have become the ultimate in reality television with everyone vying for their time in the sun. I mean just looks at fellow Jamaican runner Yohan Blake who had previously beaten Bolt in trails. While the other athletes were claim and collected at the block, he was dancing. Why? Because Blake knows if you can’t beat Bolt you can at least still a little of his fame.
I would like to start off by apologizing for spelling Destinee Hooker’s name wrong on Twitter. I mistakenly thought it was spelled Destiny as in Destiny’s Child. You can see where the confusion could happen. Although you may think that I like Hooker because of her wildly unique name(which if anyone knows the origin of-please write and share), it is actually because she is an amazing player.
Today Hooker helped lead team USA Volleyball past South Korea, 3-1. Hooker had 21 points and 19 spikes. Currently USA is ranked number 1 in volleyball. Team USA will take on Brazil on Monday. Brazil beat USA four years ago so it will be an interesting match.
We will be watching.
Jeremy Wariner is no stranger to the Olympics. Back in the 2004 Olympics he won 3 gold medals in 400 meter sprinting. In 2008 he won the silver in the 400 meter. Now he’s back for more in the relay competition this summer in London. He’s not only hot but an amazing runner.
Reasons to love Wariner:
1. His nickname is “Pookie.”It’s embroided on his racing spikes. Interesting . . .
2. He loves to watch Food Network. Most guys are secretly Food Network junkies.
3. He has a Saint Bernard named Heidi. He takes Heidi to the track to watch him train.
4. He is a true Texas boy who favorite food is BBQ.
5. He favorite artist are Jay-Z and Lil Wayne.
If we learned anything from “The Social Network” it’s that hot popular guys row crew . . . well at least in the ivy world. Today’s hot Olympian is no exception. Peruvian born, Giuseppe Lanzone, is hot and that definitely makes him popular. Lanzone is a member of the USA Rowing team. He was named the 2010 US Rowing Male Athlete of the Year.
Reasons to love Lanzone:
1. When he is not rowing Lanzone likes to surf. He also enjoys sailing.
2. Lanzone lived in Peru until he was 15 and is fluent in Espanol. Don’t pretend foreign languages don’t turn you on.
3. In the last Olympics he did modeling for Ralph Lauren. When he retires from rowing he should go into modeling.
4. He aced his citizenship test meaning he probably knows more about American than you.
5. His biggest influence is his family. Awww. That’s sweet.
You may not think fencing is really cool but keep in mind there would be no light saber fights in “Star Wars” if it weren’t for the sport of fencing. When I think fencing I think snobbish rich people that was until I learned about hottie Daryl Homer. Originally from St. Thomas, Virgin Islands Homer moved to the Bronx when he was a kid. He read about fencing and begged his mother to let him try it. The rest is history. Now Homer is the number 1 fencer in American and 12 in the World.
Things to love about Homer:
1. Homer is majoring in marketing at St. John’s University. Got to love a guy who can be an Olympic athlete and make time to go to the Olympics.
2. He loves to cook. I would let him cook for me any day.
3. Homer loves to shop. Something we definitely have in common. He also has good taste his favorite stores are Diesel, J. Crew and Ben Sherman.
4. His favorite music is Meek Mill, Kanye West, Big Sean, and Wale. It helps him get pumped before a match.
5. He is a mamma’s boy. Got to love a man who loves his mother.
Wimbeldon is still going on. So here is quick break down of what happens. We will start with the loser.
Gilles Simon- The French tennis players seems to think women don’t deserve equal prize money with men at Wimbeldon. Equal prize money has not been in place that long. Simon lost his second round match so I guess he’s jealous. He thinks that because men’s tennis is best of 5 matches(women’s is best of 3) that they should win more money.
He followed it up by saying, “I have the feeling that men’s tennis is actually more interesting than women’s tennis,” he said. “When that Shakira is singing, she is earning more money than most of the men because everyone wants to see her. That’s it.” I’m not sure that singing is a women’s domain . . .cough cough Frank Sinatra.
Maria Sharapova commented back, “”I’m sure there are a few more people that watch my matches than his, so…” And there you have it. Serena Williams added in, “”She’s[Sharapova] way hotter than he is.”Simon tried to come back by saying all male tennis players feel the same way he does. Sure they do.
I’m all for Sharapova killing Simon’s ass on the court.
To continue our Olympic hottie series today we are looking at high jumper Jesse William(not to be confused with actor hottie Jesse Williams). Williams just barely made it into the London Olympics. During the Olympic trials on Monday Williams came in 4th place and almost didn’t make it. That was until third-place finisher Nick Ross failed to make 7 feet, 7 inches jump this season so Williams will take his spot. For someone like me who can barely jump up to grab the cookies I’ve hidden on the top shelf all of this is all very impressive.
Reasons to love Williams:
1. He is Southern gentleman. Originally from my hometown Raleigh, NC. He now lives in Oregon where he trains.
2. He is a World Champion. He was ranked number 1 high jumper in the world in 2011. So yes this white man can jump.
3. Williams is a handyman and when he is not training he paints his own house. I love a man who is good with his hands.
4. He is good-old Christian boy. He credits gives credit for most of his success to God. Maybe someone should introduce him to Lolo Jones something tells me they would be a good match.
5. He’s not afraid to cry when he hears the US National Anthem at the Olympics.
So funny. I laughed and laughed and laughed.