The last time anyone won a the Triple Crown in baseball acid was considered a mind liberating drug. Yes it is has been since 1967. After 45 years the dry spell is finally over and Detroit Tigers’ Miguel Cabrera has won the title. For those of you who are unfamiliar with the Triple Crown it is when a player has the most home runs, highest RBI (which means is statistic for runs batted in or in English is gives a runner credit for all the runs scored while they were at bat), and highest batting average(the number of hits divided by times at bat). Cabrera had 44 home runs, an RBI of 139, and a batting average of .330. Now Cabrera will be down in the history books with players like Mickey Mantle and Lou Gehrig.
It is an amazing accomplishment especially in an age where everyone else seems to be doping up to get results. So far there has been no indication that Cabrera has used steroids. So finally there can be a record without an asterisks.
Congrats are in order to former NFL star Michael Strahan who will most likely join Kelly Rippa on “Live with Kelly.” If he looks familiar it because he already host “Fox NFL Sunday.” In his football career Strahan was a defensive end for the New York Giants. He helped the Giants win the Super Bowl back in 2008. He was up against other celebrities Josh Groban and Nick Lachey.
Interesting facts about Strahan:
1. He’s engaged to Nicole Murphy, Eddie Murphy’s ex wife. He was previously married twice and has four kids.
2. He briefly started on the short lived show “Brothers” on Fox.
3. He is famous for the gap in his teeth.
4. He supports gay marriage.
5. He’s an army brat who was raised on a military base in Germany.
So this is an interesting pick for the show. I guess they want more male viewers. And don’t worry even if Strahan gets the job he’s not quitting “Fox NFL Sunday.”
We can’t have it all brains and beauty. I think this video proves it. Well at least Ryan Lochte is still hot. Maybe he is smarter in person. . .
Jeremy Wariner is no stranger to the Olympics. Back in the 2004 Olympics he won 3 gold medals in 400 meter sprinting. In 2008 he won the silver in the 400 meter. Now he’s back for more in the relay competition this summer in London. He’s not only hot but an amazing runner.
Reasons to love Wariner:
1. His nickname is “Pookie.”It’s embroided on his racing spikes. Interesting . . .
2. He loves to watch Food Network. Most guys are secretly Food Network junkies.
3. He has a Saint Bernard named Heidi. He takes Heidi to the track to watch him train.
4. He is a true Texas boy who favorite food is BBQ.
5. He favorite artist are Jay-Z and Lil Wayne.
You may not think fencing is really cool but keep in mind there would be no light saber fights in “Star Wars” if it weren’t for the sport of fencing. When I think fencing I think snobbish rich people that was until I learned about hottie Daryl Homer. Originally from St. Thomas, Virgin Islands Homer moved to the Bronx when he was a kid. He read about fencing and begged his mother to let him try it. The rest is history. Now Homer is the number 1 fencer in American and 12 in the World.
Things to love about Homer:
1. Homer is majoring in marketing at St. John’s University. Got to love a guy who can be an Olympic athlete and make time to go to the Olympics.
2. He loves to cook. I would let him cook for me any day.
3. Homer loves to shop. Something we definitely have in common. He also has good taste his favorite stores are Diesel, J. Crew and Ben Sherman.
4. His favorite music is Meek Mill, Kanye West, Big Sean, and Wale. It helps him get pumped before a match.
5. He is a mamma’s boy. Got to love a man who loves his mother.
We are all looking for a flexible man, who better than U.S. Olympic gymnast Danell Leyva. This 20-year old Cuban born hottie has a gold medal already from U.S. Nationals in 2011 and is a world champion on the parallel bars. He just might be gay but that’s cool because he’s still hot. If you want more of his hottness you can google image him to see some scandalous photos.
Reasons to love Leyva:
1. He is a Renaissance man. He likes to play piano, draw, and paint.
2. He’s an animal lover. Leyva has dogs and a pet tarantula named Rosie. He likes tarantula’s because the world perceives them differently from what they actually are. That sentiment is so sweet that it actually makes me okay with the whole spider thing.
3. He works with kids with cancer. You can youtube him shaving his head. He did it to sympathize with cancer patients.
4. His stepfather is his coach so family is very important to him.
5. When he’s not at the gym he likes to spend the day at the beach. We have something in common.
To continue our Olympic hottie series today we are looking at high jumper Jesse William(not to be confused with actor hottie Jesse Williams). Williams just barely made it into the London Olympics. During the Olympic trials on Monday Williams came in 4th place and almost didn’t make it. That was until third-place finisher Nick Ross failed to make 7 feet, 7 inches jump this season so Williams will take his spot. For someone like me who can barely jump up to grab the cookies I’ve hidden on the top shelf all of this is all very impressive.
Reasons to love Williams:
1. He is Southern gentleman. Originally from my hometown Raleigh, NC. He now lives in Oregon where he trains.
2. He is a World Champion. He was ranked number 1 high jumper in the world in 2011. So yes this white man can jump.
3. Williams is a handyman and when he is not training he paints his own house. I love a man who is good with his hands.
4. He is good-old Christian boy. He credits gives credit for most of his success to God. Maybe someone should introduce him to Lolo Jones something tells me they would be a good match.
5. He’s not afraid to cry when he hears the US National Anthem at the Olympics.